- No discrimination.
- This includes any use of slurs.
- Show basic respect.
- No harassment.
- No explicit or NSFW content.
- No hacking on the server.
- No exploiting map bugs on the server.
- Do not spam.
- This includes trading and advertising.
Jailbreak is a roleplay based gamemode, which means there are a lot of rules to adhere to, however the gamemode specific rules you can be punished for exist mostly for the Blue Team besides the few listed under "Rules for All". If you are new to the mode or sever we recommend playing on the Red Team and reading up to the "CT Rules" section first to get a feel for how we do things. Don't be afraid to ask questions about these rules on the server!
The point of this game is for the Blue Team (also referred to as Guards or CTs) who spawn with ammo to give orders over microphone to the Red Team (also referred to as Prisoners or Ts) who spawn without ammo. Any Ts not following the orders given by the CTs agreed upon by the CTs to give orders will be considered rebellers who must be killed on sight (KOS for short) by the CTs.
CTs cannot attack a T for anything other than rebelling or valid activity purposes else it will be considered freehitting, freekilling if the attack was fatal; both are against the rules. If you have less health due to freehitting the CTs must heal you if you ask for healing.
You are free to rebel and follow orders as you like as a T. Every map has at least one secret route into the armoury which you can use to gain ammo as a T. Many maps also have ammo hidden in secret spots and secret routes to aide rebellers. CTs also drop ammo upon death so keep that in mind as a CT and use that to your advantage as a T.
Things That Count As Rebelling, Unless Orders Given Involve Them
- Disobeying orders.
- You may disobey orders which are invalid or against the CT rules.
- For other info on orders see the "Other terms and order info" section.
- Detouring or delaying your following of orders by a considerable amount.
- Having weapons that require ammo out.
- Attacking a CT.
- Unless the CTs you attacked walked into your melee range (baiting), in which case you may swing your weapon at them and not give chase.
- Collecting ammo is not rebelling by default, but orders cannot be placed against unintentionally collecting ammo.
- You are not considered a rebeller at the start of each round, you can only become a rebeller by your actions per round and you can't lose your rebeller status within the round once known.
- This list is also altered by freedays, having one innocent T alive, or having one T on the server. You can read about those exceptions below.
- If you need a repeat on an order given, simply ask for one and the CTs must give one for that order at least once; this is not restricted by orders given about using text chat.
- If no orders have been given by the time cells open then it is a freeday where you are free to roam the map and have fun as a T while still being able to be marked as a rebel, however the freeday ends as soon as orders are given.
- If there is only one T on the server then it is a freeday that must remain until someone else joins T and the T can have weapons that require ammo out during this freeday.
The last T alive who is also not considered a rebel (innocent) and has also made it the furthest in any played progression-based games like Obstacle Course gets a Last Request (LR for short). An LR allows whoever has it in the current round within the LR time limit at the bottom of the screen to tell the CTs what they must do for the next or current round, one or the other. This LR must follow the "LR Rules".
If there is at least one rebeller alive then an LR cannot be decided upon until all the rebellers are killed. The last innocent T is not bound by orders and can only rebel by attacking a CT before an LR is chosen or attacking a CT without a reason during a same-round LR; if this happens the T loses their LR and must be killed on sight. Once a next round LR has been agreed upon or when the LR time at the bottom of the screen runs out the CTs must KOS the T, if the T fights back when this happens they are not rebelling.
There is no LR command, you must type or speak out your LR.
Your LR will be denied and you will have to choose a new one if it breaks these rules. Don't worry about these much as a T as the CTs will tell you if your LR is invalid.
- No LRs that involve freedays.
- No next-round LRs that involve activities that happened in the current round.
- No LRs that would make players break rules.
- No Hunger Games for LR.
- No LRs that require admins to use their commands, unless they feel like it.
- No LRs that change the way CTs give orders, unless they feel like it.
- No LRs that involve cosmetics.
- LRs must be given in English.
Other Terms and Order Info
- "Freeze" means stay in place and don't jump, switch between crouching states after freezing or taunt.
- "AFK freeze" means do not control your character in any way at all. You may type in chat and use your microphone.
- "Freeze taunt" means performing a taunt while staying in place.
- "AFK taunt" means performing a taunt without moving or controlling your character.
- Orders are given considering a default TF2 configuration, including binds.
- If an order contradicts an existing order, then the new order given overrides the old one, unless the new order removes the context of the old order, where it would then overwrite it instead.
For example, if Ts are given an order to type what they want to do this round after they are given a no typing order, it would allow them to type what they want to do today but nothing else for the new order stayed within the context of the no typing order. Another example would be if a "follow me" order was given after an AFK freeze order, then the AFK freeze order is overwritten instead because the new order went outside of the AFK freeze order.
- If "day" is stated after an order, then that order becomes a day which means no order can override it unless the day is cancelled via order. For example, if "Out of cell rebel day!" was given as an order and then the Ts were told to go to the yellow line, then those who stayed inside their cells would be following orders.
- Orders always assume the closest example, so if an order was given to go to the red line, people heading to a further away red line would not be following orders.
- Sprays don't count as part of orders unless an order says otherwise.
- In the case of the "Simon Says" activity, someone must be stated to be Simon and Simon must state when Simon Says starts and stops.
- No ghosting, which means revealing or hinting at the location or actions of players to others when it would be unfair to do so in an activity or when dead.
- No activating friendly fire except in the context of a valid activity.
- No activating map activities which you or others don't intend to use in that moment.
- No delaying or camping in rooms where no-one can reach you, the armoury or vents. This includes locking CTs in rooms for same-round LRs once the LR time is up.
- No speaking over the CTs giving orders when dead.
- You must have a readable username. If your usual username isn't readable, contact the admins and we can get you a custom name on the server.
- If you are away, you risk being teamswitched from CT or kicked.
- No freekilling or freehitting.
- Rebellers must be killed on sight, this does not mean you need to chase them, just provide an effort to kill them wherever you can.
- All CTs must have read all of these rules.
- All CTs must have a working, understandable microphone.
- There is no warden or warden command on this server, you must agree among the other CTs on who is giving orders and state who is giving orders once decided.
- Multiple CTs can give orders at once if it's agreed upon.
- If you have stated that you are giving orders, and someone else is also giving orders, or you are allowing someone else to give orders, you may state that you are no longer giving orders if you wish.
- You must always be willing to give orders.
- Keep a ratio of 1:3 CTs to Ts, this means for every group of 3 Ts there can be 1 CT.
- For example, 1-3 Ts can have up to 1 CT while 4-6 Ts can have up to 2 CTs.
- You must give at least one repeat for an order if someone requests one.
- No favouritism.
- This means no giving some Ts different orders to other Ts unless there was a free choice or skill based separation made by all Ts involved such as letting them choose between 2 groups, in which you may then give different orders to each group.
- This also means no cell wars without letting the Ts choose a cell first.
- When making Ts take a blind choice for a non-map activity or order, the hidden choice results must be disclosed in CT team chat before the choice is presented.
- You cannot present these choices when no-one else is a CT.
- No opinionated games.
- Make sure you don't punish players for correct answers and vice-versa in Trivia. Be ready to prove your answers in the next round if confronted about it.
- No giving orders that would certainly kill all Ts who followed them.
- No ordering Ts into a single option of a luck activity.
- You must give a countdown from at least 3 before starting a map activity.
- You must explain the rules of non-map activities before you start them, however if all alive Ts know the rules to the activity already you don't need to.
- When enforcing a timer to beat an activity, make sure the timer is possible and adjust accordingly if it happens to not be.
- No keeping Ts trapped without giving orders or without them playing an activity.
- No playing activities that have already been played in the current or previous round, unless during same-round LR.
- No activities that involve CTs attacking in a way that would allow easy favouritism without ghosting; activities like "Duck Hunt" aren't allowed as an example where activities like "Maze Rampage" (provided the CT is using melee only) are.
- Be aware of the info in the "Other terms and order info" section.
- Uphold the LR Rules.
- No denying valid LR.
- No allowing LR from known and considered rebellers.
- You may not kill yourself unless ordered to when a Last Request is being chosen or during same-round LR.
- Those freehit must be healed if they ask to be.
- No placing orders about unintentionally collecting ammo.
- All orders must be given in English.